Friday, October 31, 2008

World’s worst boxer throws in the towel after 256 defeats



The world’s worst boxer has finally thrown in the towel after 256 defeats.

Peter Buckley, 39, has lost more fights than any other boxer and says that his next, number 300, will be his last.

‘I’ve had my eye on the 300 mark for a while, and it’s a little milestone I want to achieve, but I don’t want to fight on,' he said.

‘People keep saying to me that I’ll get a call in a few weeks’ time offering me a fight and I’ll say yes, but I mean it when I say this is it.'

Despite his losing streak, Buckley has sparred with several impressive opponents including 42 future British, Commonwealth, European or World champions, such as Duke McKenzie, Scott Harrison, Naseem Hamed, Michael Brodie, Gavin Rees and Colin McMillian.

From The Daily Mail

"You haven't lost when you get knocked out... you've only lost when you're too afraid to get back in the ring. All respect to you Peter, for going back time and time again." - a comment posted on the article. Amen.

No comments: